Magnesium dies are ideal for producing a decorative effect for short to medium runs. Hot stamping is employed for a wide variety of products: for automotive components, cell phones, TVs, washing machines, furniture, packaging, books, textiles, bottle labels, bank cards and lots more. Hot stamping permits our clients to decorate products, enhance brands, label goods and protect surfaces.
Magnesium dies come in various thicknesses:
- .250 inches
- .153 inches
- .064 inches
- .039 inches
As a standard, we etch the dies .065 inches deep, however, we also handle special requests for deeper etched dies depending on the material being stamped.
Copper Hot Stamping Dies
- Copper dies are ideal for producing a decorative effect for longer runs because of their durability and can withstand over 1 million impressions.
- Copper dies can produce finer details when images are very detailed.
- Copper dies will provide a more consistent register when accuracy is required.
- The thicknesses of copper dies are identical to magnesium and copper dies.
- As a standard, we etch the dies .065 inches deep.
Brass Hot Stamping Dies
- Brass dies are ideal when a client wishes to hot stamp and emboss the material in one pass.
- The thicknesses of brass dies are identical to magnesium and copper dies.